Farm Days is a series of paintings that intend to translate my experience of working on an Organic Farm to paint. The paintings embody the experience of working under all weather conditions, watching plants grow from seed to harvesting the vegetables. By using a diversity of textures, shapes and colour combinations, I have tried to capture the mysteries force found in nature, the importance of rain and sunshine and the cycles that naturally happen to all living things, the intelligence that lives within each seed, the complexity of systems such a pollinators and the need to rotate crops. In some paintings I have tried an abstract composition to portrait the work involved in farming while in other paintings, I have taken a more naïf approach as to depict the almost utopian desire of having a small scale organic farm of my own some day.
1. Title: The Whistling Farmer. Size: 36 x 36 inches. Medium: Oil on Canvas. Maca Suazo, 2017
2. Title: The Barn Cat’s Empire. Size: 40 x 60 inches. Medium: Oil on Canvas. Maca Suazo, 2017
3. Title: Farm Chores. Size: 24 x 36 inches. Medium: Oil on Canvas. Maca Suazo, 2017
4. Title: Sing No More of Sorrow and Gloom. Size: 50 x 50 inches. Medium: Oil on Canvas. Maca Suazo, 2017
5. Title: I Dreamed The Rain and The Rain Came and Peace Came Over the Farm. Size: 48 x 48 inches. Medium: Oil on Canvas. Maca Suazo, 2017